Vow to Fashion


Thursday, October 23, 2014

Facing Fears; Chasing Dreams

I remember talking to my roommate from college about how I wanted to specialize in newborn photography. I have always loved working with little babies and thought I was fairly good at it as well. Well could you imagine the excitement I had when school told us part 2 of our final portfolio was do do APS's which stands for additional personal submissions. So I thought why not do a series of newborns! 

So my search began of looking for little ones that their parents would let me photograph. I asked all my classmates and it just so happened that one of them knew someone that was due any day and to my surprise it was TWINS! After talking to the mom she agreed to let me photograph her little ones after they were born. A whole new form of nervousness and excitment took over me, because not only was my first newborn session coming up soon, but I would be dealing with two little ones and not just one! 

The day finally came all day I was smiling from ear to ear that I would get to cuddle a couple little ones in just  a few hours. When they finally arrived I saw how tiny they were and I kept telling myself thatI can do this I know I can! 

I was very happy with how the results came out from the shoot and Brooke and Lily were so good for me during the session and they didn't have a problem letting me know when they had had enough. It also helped that mom and dad were so willing to help soothe and feed when needed.


17 comments:

  1. OMG! MY twins are 15 years old now, and I wish that I would have had pictures done like this of them when they were newborns. This is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a precious newborn portrait session!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The babies are just beautiful and they really are so tiny as newborns. I am sure the parents are thrilled to have these images of their babies as the time goes by so quickly we forget to savor these moments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are stunning! What a beautiful newborn session. You truly have a talent as a newborn photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful newborn photos! I so wish I had hired a professional photographer to take newborn photos of my little ones. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful newborn baby girls! These portraits will be treasured by their parents! They will be up and running around in no time, and it is so special to have these early days documented.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh be still my beating heart. These are beautiful! I love the embroidered diaper cover

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marvelous photography, Ms. Courtney. And good for you, chasing your dreams. You are clearly as gifted as you are passionate about newborn photography.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a darling little twin session. Love your work, Memory Layne Photography!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What cute newborn twins! I love the photographs of them in their dads arms. it will be a great comparison for then the are older to think of how small they were compared to him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that first shot!! How exciting for you that your first newborn session was two at once!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such gorgeous newborn photos! You're so talented. Still can't believe your first session was TWINS! CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahh, I love this newborn twin session, those special made outfits are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous newborn photography! I love all the tones and colors in your photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful work!!! love how to photographed the twins...gorgeous newborn photography

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such gorgeous little ones! You have done a great job capturing the beauty of newborn photography!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful newborn photo shoot <3 I love seeing twins and you did such a nice job!

    ReplyDelete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner