Vow to Fashion


Thursday, September 4, 2014

Something New.

You are going to have to bare with me here. I have never been much of a writer so having a blog is something completely new to me. It took a lot of convincing from a friend of mine to finally work up the courage to make one, but here I am writing my first blog post. In fact, as i type this the friend I mentioned above is coaching me on my writing abilities. Got to love having a friend that is always there for you when you need them.

 I have always loved taking pictures, for as long as I can remember I was taking the camera away from my mom and snapping photos here and there, but it wasn't until high school that I realized it was a passion, a passion that I wanted turn into my career. When I was 16 I bought myself my first camera and photographed everything around me. I took photography classes in high school, which eventually turned into being accepted into Hallmark Institute of Photography. Going to Hallmark was a big decision in more ways than one. It required me to move 3,000 miles away from my family and everything I knew and grew up with, but it was the best decision I have ever made.

You bet I was scared out of my mind! I moved into a house with a girl I barely knew, had no car, and no family close by, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. The girl I moved in with turned out to be one of my best friends. She is there for me through it all, just as I am for her. I met a couple other close friends during my time there, as well as made ever lasting relationships with the staff at Hallmark who was always there and willing to help when needed.

Hallmark helped me realize how special it is to capture the memories happening everyday. Whether it be the anniversary you celebrated last week, welcoming a new little bundle of joy in your life, graduating high school, or getting married. All of which I look forward to capturing for you and sharing with you right here.

24 comments:

  1. I get writers block ALL the time on my blog! Love that fun picture and can't wait to see more of your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and good luck on following your photography dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see more of your portraits and writing! Southern California is lucky to have such a talented photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THE PICTURE! LOVE YOUR BLOG! It was well written can't wait to read more!! Love you Courtney
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogging is tough but you are doing great! Love the photo. Paint sessions are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It'll become second nature after awhile. Just pretend like you're talking to a friend and the words will just come pouring out...usually :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwww....what a fun photo! I always love looking at your photography!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww what a special post, and a great photo. Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every post you will write it will become easier. If it's from the heart it will flow easily! I look forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that photo! Way to go for taking a chance on your future, even if it scared the poop out of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations and good luck! It's awesome that you had the opportunity to go to photography school. I'm sure you will be a success!

    ReplyDelete
  12. congratulations and good luck with your photography career!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful image and I think your writing is great! Can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fear is the one thing that drives us forward; don't let it hold you back!

    ps: you will love your friend forever for 'forcing' you to begin the endeavour ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am not much of a blogger either but it is a great way to get your photography out there and make more of a connection with followers! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That picture is awesome! Keep up with the blogging! It's a great tool for your photography business :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You can do it!!! Excited to see what's in the future for you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the colorful picture! Best of luck with your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice picture! And great job with your first blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like your picture! Can't wait to hear more from you =]

    ReplyDelete
  21. love this photo, I want more from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great colorful photo - love it!

    ReplyDelete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner